Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kitchen Apron

This is the kitchen apron I made to replace one that has gotten faded. Loving my old apron I wanted one just like it. But not knowing where to find it, I just made one. This apron I started and finished today! My craftsmanship is a little rusty, my stitching is tight in areas and there is a little bunching of the fabric. Over all I would say I did a great job! My old apron had big red poppies that I just loved, but I couldn't find fabric that had that same look. Finding this dia los muerto fabric was just as good. I love cooking mexican food, so what better fabric to make an apron with! A little heart embroidery on the red tie in the back was a result of not wanting to change thread color, but in the end was a fantastic detail!

I have tried to keep myself busy this past week in an effort to keep my mind on the present. I have had good days and bad ones. Thoughts and feelings come over me like a rogue rain storm, gone as quickly as it had started. I have always prided myself on my vary British way of dealing with emotional pain, "Stay clam. Carry on." I wonder if one day I will just crack, but I know better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment